Social Service Award
If you’re passionate to serve as a social service professional and committed to work with people in the community, we invite you to apply for the Social Service Award.
Supported fields of study
As a Social Service Award recipient, you can pursue full-time
diploma, degree or postgraduate courses in the following areas:
Under this award, you can only apply for full-time
degree and postgraduate courses at local universities or overseas universities that are recognised by professional accreditation bodies.
To be eligible for the Social Service Award, you must:
- be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- possess a strong interest in the social service sector and a passion for serving the community
- display good character and conduct
- have gained admission into a recognised Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Early Childhood or Post-graduate Psychology programme
- have at least one (01) academic year remaining at the point of application
- be willing to serve a bond with a NCSS member social service organisation upon completion of your studies
- not be serving any current bond or sponsorship
The Social Service Award covers the following components:
Once you complete your studies, you must serve a bond equal to the award period (minimum of one year) at any of our NCSS member social service organisations.
For Diploma Programmes
Applications for diploma programmes must be submitted by 31 July. You will be informed of the outcome of your application by 30 September.
For Degree & Postgraduate Programmes
There are two application windows for degree and postgraduate programmes each year.
- For applications received by 30 April, you’ll be informed of the outcome of your application by 31 July.
- For applications received by 30 October, you’ll be informed of the outcome of your application by 31 January.
How to apply
Please submit your application via Brightsparks website.
>> Additional Question on Community Involvement for SSS/SSA Application. Please attach together with your application in Brightsparks website.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Embark on a meaningful journey in the social service sector
Upon graduation, you can immediately start making a difference to the community by working as a social service professional at one of our 400+ member social service organisations. Experience the diverse range of career paths in the social service sector through job rotations to different social service organisations. If you deliver a stellar performance, you may also be selected to participate in management/leadership development programmes.
For enquiries, please contact: