1. Open Grant projects typically require in-depth discussions between applicants and NCSS departments who are assessing the applications. Applicants interested in embarking on such projects are strongly encouraged to contact the VCF Secretariat early for preliminary discussions before submitting applications.
2. The VCF Evaluation Panel meets once every two months. Please click on the VCF Evaluation Panel meetings for the submission deadlines.
3. Open Grant applications submitted within the stated submission deadline will be tabled at the next VCF Evaluation Panel meeting, e.g. an application submitted in January 2017 will likely be tabled at the Panel Meeting in May 2017 instead of March 2017 for decision. This is due to the time required for the proposed project scope, funding amount and indicators to be finalised for recommendation to the VCF Evaluation Panel.
4. All applications should be submitted through the Funds Application System (FAS).
- Login to e-services (“Login as Corporate” on the left using your VWO ID and password to access FAS).
- Click on Funding Application.
- Click on New Application and select Funding Application Type: PCG – Open Grant
- Fill up the online application form.
- Upload the Supplementary Forms and other required documents.
- If an external consultant is engaged, 3 comparable quotations/proposals (i.e. quotations/proposals should cover the same work scope) must be uploaded for projects that are above $5,000. Wherever possible, the VWO should choose the choice that has the best value, and provide justification if it is not the lowest.
5. Applicant organisations are required to present their proposals to the VCF Evaluation Panel, unless informed otherwise by NCSS.