Share As One
What is SHARE?
As a hassle-free monthly giving programme of Community Chest, all donations through SHARE are a continuous source of funds to provide holistic and comprehensive support to a wide range of social service agencies, especially those who are less visible or relatively unknown.What is SHARE as One?
Under the SHARE as One programme, the Government will provide dollar-for-dollar matching for any additional donations through SHARE, over and above the amount donated in Financial Year 2015. This will be for 6 years, starting from 1 April 2016.
Where businesses encourage their staff to donate regularly, the Government will allow part of the matching funds to be used by them to organise Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
The rest of the matching grant will go to a fund to be managed by Community Chest to benefit the social service sector. Social service agencies can apply for the grant to organise meaningful volunteer activities for corporates and to build up volunteer management capabilities to provide better opportunities and experiences for corporate volunteers.
Through the SHARE as One programme, Community Chest hopes to:
Where do SHARE donations go?
- Encourage more individual giving in a sustainable manner; and
- Create more volunteering opportunities as part of corporate social responsibility efforts.
Community Chest supports about 80 social service agencies in Singapore, allowing them to focus on caring for the disadvantaged. 100% of donations through SHARE will go towards helping:
- Children with special needs and youths-at-risk to reach their potential
- Adults with disabilities to integrate into society
- Relationships of families in difficulty to stay resilient
- Elderly to age graciously in the community
- Persons with mental health issues to integrate into society
Visit www.comchest.gov.sg/Share-as-One to find out more.