Share As One
What is SHARE?
As a hassle-free monthly giving programme of Community Chest, all donations through SHARE are a continuous source of funds to provide holistic and comprehensive
support to a wide range of social service agencies, especially those who are less visible or relatively unknown.What is SHARE as One?
Under the SHARE as One programme, the Government will provide dollar-for-dollar matching for any additional donations through SHARE, over and above the amount donated in Financial Year 2015. This will be for 6 years,
starting from 1 April 2016. In 2021, the SAO programme was extended for another 2 years till FY2023. The extended scheme will provide dollar-for-dollar matching for any additional donations from companies, employees, and individuals through SHARE
over and above donation levels of the preceding year.
Where businesses encourage their staff to donate regularly, the Government will allow part of the matching funds to be used
by them to organise Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
The rest of the matching grant will go to a fund to be managed by Community Chest to benefit the social
service sector. Social service agencies can apply for the grant to organise meaningful volunteer activities for corporates and to build up volunteer management capabilities to provide better opportunities and experiences for corporate volunteers.
Through the SHARE as One programme, Community Chest hopes to:
Where do SHARE donations go?
- Encourage more individual giving in a sustainable manner; and
- Create more volunteering opportunities as part of corporate social responsibility efforts.
Community Chest supports more than 100 social service agencies providing over 200 critical programmes in Singapore, allowing them to focus on caring for the disadvantaged. 100% of donations through SHARE will go towards helping:
- Children with special needs and youths-at-risk to reach their potential
- Adults with disabilities to integrate into society
- Relationships of families in difficulty to stay resilient
- Elderly to age graciously in the community
- Persons with mental health issues to integrate into society
Visit www.comchest.gov.sg/Share-as-One to
find out more.