Leadership Development Programme
The Leadership Development Programme (LDP) aims to develop professionals
with leadership potential, to take on top management or specialist leadership positions in their agency.How social service agencies can benefit
By participating in this programme and nominating eligible candidates for the LDP, social service agencies can:
Components of LDP
- Strengthen their agencies’ leadership pipeline
- Obtain funding to develop leadership capabilities in promising employees
- Tap on development support and customised learning activities to develop employees with potential
The LDP supports two development tracks:
- The organisational management track, which grooms future agency heads and directors
- The specialist track, which grooms future specialist leaders
Each track is supported by a development pathway that maps out the recommended milestone training and work exposure to enable the awardee to attain the required competencies and experience, to reach his/her current estimated potential. The estimated
time frame that an awardee will need to reach his/her potential is six years
Every LDP awardee will be guided by an Individual Development Plan (IDP), which they will develop together with their employers and inputs from NCSS. The IDP will be endorsed by the LDP panel and renewed every two years.
Social service professionals on the LDP must attend the Milestone Programme, a new leadership programme offered
by the Social Service Institute (SSI). This programme is offered at three different levels and caters to social service professionals with varying levels of experience and development needs:
|Lead Self||Lead People||Lead Manager|
- Individual contributors
- Limited or no leadership experience in the sector
- Have the potential to lead people
- First-time managers and supervisors
- Responsible for leading and motivating people
- Have the potential to lead teams
- Directors or equivalents
- Responsible for leading teams and/or functions
- Have the potential to lead organisations
Social service agencies can tap on the Leadership Development Grant to fund the training programmes identified in the IDP of their employees who are LDP awardees. Refer to funding details here
Social service professionals need to be nominated by their employers in order to participate in the LDP. NCSS member agencies or Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF)-funded agencies can nominate the following professionals for the programme:
- Social Workers registered with the Social Work Accreditation and Advisory Board
- Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Speech Therapists with full/restricted registration with the Allied Health Professions Council
- Psychologists with Master’s degrees in Psychology
- Counsellors with qualifications recognised by the Singapore Association for Counselling
- Early Intervention Teachers with Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Intervention (Special Needs)
- Other employees with a good degree (applicable only for organisational management track)
- Possess more than seven years of direct work experience in their respective professional fields within the sector
- Be currently working in a NCSS member or MSF-funded agency
- Not be serving any current bond
- Demonstrate consistently strong work performance
- Have the potential to take up management or specialist leadership positions
- Showcase the right attributes, qualities and drive to succeed as a leader
Social service agencies may nominate eligible staff. Shortlisted
candidates will be evaluated by the LDP selection panel. Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome approximately two months after applications are closed. The decision of the panel is final.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in Leadership Development Programme (LDP)/PDMP).
NCSS will be rolling out new leadership development schemes designed to support leaders to strengthen their leadership capabilities and enhance their skills progressively in 2022.
More details will be made available.
You may want to leave your name and contact details here; the secretariat will be in touch with you.
For a list of commonly asked questions, please refer to our FAQs.
For enquiries, please contact:
Ms June Soo, Manager
Social Service Leadership Unit
Human Capital Development Group
298 Tiong Bahru Road
#18-01 Central Plaza
Tel: 6589 5512