Social Service Fellowship
The Social Service Fellowship aims to recognise leading social service professionals who have gone beyond their call of duty to improve professional capabilities and service quality in the social service sector.
As experts in their respective professions, Social Service Fellows bring with them a wealth of knowledge, and serve as role models to guide and inspire younger professionals, and encourage more to join the social service sector!
To apply or be nominated, you must be:
- A Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- A social service professional with at least 10 years of relevant working experience, and at least 1 year of current working experience in the social service sector
- A Counsellor, EIPIC Teacher, Psychologist, Social Worker, or Therapist (Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist or Speech-Language Therapist)
You will be assessed on the following aspects by the Social Service Fellowship Selection Panel:
- Level of professional expertise
- Impact of past, existing and future contributions to the social service sector
- Demonstration of leadership competencies
All applications will be rigorously reviewed by the Social Service Fellowship Selection Panel, which comprises sector leaders and representatives from the Ministry of Social and Family Development and NCSS management.
Selections will be made via circulation, and interviews will be conducted only when necessary. The decision of the selection panel is final.
Candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will be advised by the selection panel on areas for improvement for future applications.
Appointment Terms and Service Recognition
Once you are appointed as a Social Service Fellow for a three-year term, you can look forward to playing a key role in improving the social service sector by contributing your expertise in areas such as training, mentoring, sector development or outreach work.
As a Social Service Fellow, you are recognised as a leader in your field of expertise within the social service sector. In recognition of your professional expertise and experience and sector-wide contributions, you will be awarded:
- A certificate and a letter of appointment
- A Service Recognition Award of S$12,000 at the end of each year of your appointment
There are two windows for applications and nominations for the Social Service Fellowship every year:
How to apply
- For applications and nominations received between January and March, you will be informed of the outcome of the selection in June.
- For applications and nominations received between July and September, you will be informed of the outcome of the selection in December.
To apply, you must submit a duly completed application form and supporting documents to:
The SSF Secretariat (Attn: Ms Cheryl Tan)
Social Service Leadership Unit
Human Capital Development Group
Social Service Institute
298 Tiong Bahru Road
#18-01 Central Plaza
Download Application Form.
How to nominate
To nominate deserving candidates, simply download and submit the nomination form to the SSF Secretariat, which will follow up with the nominees to obtain the necessary documents.
Download Nomination Form
For a list of commonly asked questions on the Social Service Fellowship, please refer to our FAQs.
For enquiries, please contact:
Ms Cheryl Tan
Manager, Social Service Leadership Unit
Human Capital Development Group
National Council of Social Service
Tel: 6589 5505