NCSS Whistleblowing Channels
NCSS’ Whistleblowing Channels provide individuals with ways to disclose occurrences of possible wrongful practices within or related to NCSS, for appropriate investigation and action, in confidence and without fear of reprisal. The Channels are
independently handled by the Internal Audit Unit.
All disclosures should be made in good faith, without any personal agenda or ulterior motive, and when the whistleblower has reasonable grounds for suspecting that an incident of wrongful
practice has occurred. NCSS will not tolerate discrimination, retaliation or harassment of any kind against a whistleblower, who submits a complaint or report in good faith.
Wrongful practices include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic or professional malpractice, e.g. violation of intellectual property rights or displaying a lack of integrity by plagiarising the research of others;
- Wilful suppression or concealment of any information relating to wrongful practices;
- Fraud or deliberately including false or incorrect information in the preparation, evaluation, review, audit of financial accounts and records;
- Failure to observe a legal obligation;
- Financial and non-financial malpractice e.g. not observing proper procedures for tendering, funding or fund raising;
- Ethical violations (e.g. conflict of interest);
- Inappropriate conduct which includes but is not limited to sexual and workplace harassment;
- Miscarriage of justice;
- Endangering the health and safety of persons or the environment;