Social Service Fellowship
The Social Service Fellowship aims to recognise leading social service professionals who have gone beyond their call of duty to improve professional capabilities and service quality in the social service sector.
As experts in their respective professions, Social Service Fellows bring with them a wealth of knowledge, and serve as role models to guide and inspire younger professionals, and encourage more to join the social service sector!
Get to know our Social Service Fellows
- Singapore Citizen
- Possess at least 10 years of current and relevant working experience in the social service or associated sectors (eg. healthcare)
- Open to Counsellor, EIPIC Teacher, Psychologist, Social Worker, or Therapist (Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist or Speech-Language Therapist), General Management Representatives and other Professionals in the social service sector
You will be assessed on the following aspects by the Social Service Fellowship Selection Panel:
- Level of professional expertise
- Impact of past, existing and future contributions to the social service sector
- Demonstration of leadership competencies
All applications will be rigorously reviewed by the Social Service Fellowship Selection Panel, which comprises sector leaders and representatives from the Ministry of Social and Family Development and NCSS
Interviews may be conducted when necessary. The decision of the selection panel is final.
Appointment Terms and Service Recognition
Once you are appointed as a Social Service Fellow for a three-year term, you can look forward to playing a key role in improving the social service sector by contributing your expertise in areas such as training, mentoring, sector development or outreach
As a Social Service Fellow, you are recognised as a leader in your field of expertise within the social service sector. In recognition of your professional expertise and experience and sector-wide contributions, you will be
- A certificate and a letter of appointment
- A Service Recognition Award of S$12,000 at the end of each year of your appointment (upon fulfilment of 80 hours of sector contribution)
How to apply
Application are closed.
For a list of commonly asked questions on the Social Service Fellowship, please refer to our FAQs.